Subject: Re: Formal Presentation of Petition to SCO

From: Dion <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 97 7:39:54 PDT

Looks good.  I am hitting on our legal guys and a bunch of
other executives here.

In case we cant dig up all the old source code, do you have
any idea if some of your group has old sources they could
send back to us?  :-)
-Dion

Dion L. Johnson II  - The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.              [email-masked]
Product Manager for Java, Free Stuff, Skunkware, technical tools, etc.
400 Encinal St.  Santa Cruz, CA 95061    FAX: 408-427-5417  Voice: 408-427-7565

---

From: Warren Toomey <wkt>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:25:09 +1000 (EST)

> any idea if some of your group has old sources they could

Dion, yes I have as much as I've been able to find, with Dennis Ritchie
and a few others with stuff I haven't received yet. We're covered by
institutional source licenses at the moment.

You're welcome to the stuff of course, you own it. However, I thought
you guys didn't want to be bothered with the distribution bit. That's
why I put the clause in the petition:

	SCO is not required to provide copies of any source code,
	binaries or documentation with the source code and binary
	license for PDP-11 UNIXes.

I'd be happy to act as distributor, but I'd need a mechanism so I can
prove that someone really has a license from SCO.

Anyway, the archive is sitting on my desktop box here, with no public
access of any kind. I have another box for all of that. Here's an ftp
login for you to look around:

	ftp henry.cs.adfa.oz.au
	user sco
	passwd srclicense1

Finally, thanks again for your help!

	Warren