Subject: PDP 11 binaries available

From: Dion <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 97 15:40:46 PST

I guess you know about this?
-Dion

	From: Bob Supnik <[email-masked]>
	To: 'Dion' <[email-masked]>
	Subject: RE: licenses/available of geriatric UNIX releases
	Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 17:12:02 -0500
	
	SCO, thanks to Scott, granted hobbyists worldwide a binary license to 
	use UNIX V5, V6, and V7 for the PDP-11.  The licenses, the disk images 
	that go with them, and the simulator that runs them can all be found 
	on
	
	ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/sim/{software,sources}
	
	The information is self explanatory (I hope!).  Note that the licenses 
	do NOT include sources; however, a book of the V6 sources has been 
	published recently.
	
	/Bob Supnik
	
	----------

---

From: wkt (Warren Toomey)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 11:09:10 +1100 (EST)

In atricle by Dion:
> I guess you know about this? [SCO binary licenses for v5,v6,v7]
> -Dion

I sure do. I don't know who at SCO helped get this done but my (and many
others) thanks for their effort! There's about 70 people interested in
paying for src licenses, as shown by the survey results at
http://minnie.cs.adfa.oz.au/PUPS/

I'm getting Dan ???, who publishes the Lions Commentary, to point his
web pages at the URL above, so perhaps more people will fill in the survey;
he reports thousands of copies of the book have been sold.

So I think that there is some interest in cheap source licenses. I know
you guys are always busy, but it'd be great to get something worked out
soon.

Thanks for the email Dion. Hope you had a good Christmas/New Year's break!

Catch you again,

	Warren