Subject: Liberal license for ancient UNIX sources

From: Dion Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:03:37 -0800

Dear Warren, and friends,

I'm happy to let you know that Caldera International has placed
the ancient UNIX releases (V1-7 and 32V) under a "BSD-style" license.
I've attached a PDF of the license letter hereto.  Feel free to 
propogate it as you see fit.

I apologize that this has taken so long.  We do not have a well
regulated archive of these ancient releases, so we must depend
upon you UNIX enthusiasts, historians, and original authors to
help the community of interested parties figure out exactly what
is available, where, and how.

Many thanks to Warren Toomey, of PUPS, and to Caldera's Bill
Broderick, director of licensing services here.  Both of these
gentlemen were instrumental in making this happen.  And thanks
to our CEO, Ransom Love, whose vision for Caldera International
prescribes cooperation and mutual respect for the open source
communities.

Of course, there are thousands of other people who should be
acknowledged.  I regret I do not have time or wisdom to make
a list of them all, but maybe someone does, or has.

Anyway, here it is.  Feel free to write to us if you want to
understand more about how/why Caldera International has released
this code, or you have any other comments that we should hear.

Sincerely,

Dion L. Johnson II - [email-masked]
Product Manager and one of many open source enthusiasts in Caldera Intl.

Paul Hatch - [email-masked]
Public Relations Manager at Caldera International

---

From: Greg Lehey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:22:00 +1030

> propogate it as you see fit.

Dion, I've just had a bounce from Warren.  He's left ADFA and is now
working in Queensland.  His current mail address is [email-masked],
which hopefully won't change.

Greg
--
Finger [email-masked] for PGP public key
See complete headers for address and phone numbers