Subject: Re: CWRU Unix source license from ATT/Bell/USL days

From: [email-masked] (Michael Sokolov)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 98 21:14:08 -0400

Dear Dion,
   
   You wrote:
> Case Western Reserve University has a source code license for UNIX System
> V Release 3.2 (E-SOFT-00160) executed Sept. 15, 1989.o
>
> I am getting a copy of this sent to me.
   
   GREAT! SVR3.2!!! Dion, sometimes I just don't know how to thank you
enough. Sometimes you can do miracles!
   
> Michael, pls let me know your postal address or fax # where I
> can send you a copy of this.
   
   I think it would be best to snail it to my office address below. We have
a fax machine, but its output is usually illegible. As soon as I get it,
I'll give copies to all interested parties at CWRU, including Herb
Hamilton, the current guy in the department that has purchased the original
license (I'm Cc'ing this to him). I would also appreciate it if you could
send another copy directly to Warren to speed up the process (I have all
hardware ready to go, just waiting for the software).
   
   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 216-368-6888 (Office) 440-449-0299 (Home) 216-217-2579 (Cellular)
   ARPA Internet SMTP mail: [email-masked]
   Snail mail (office):
Michael Sokolov, Olin 411
Computer Engineering and Science
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH  44106

---

From: Warren Toomey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 11:25:42 +1000 (EST)

In article by Michael Sokolov:
> > V Release 3.2 (E-SOFT-00160) executed Sept. 15, 1989.

Dion, Michael, on the basis of this e-mail, I'm prepared to grant Michael
password protected ftp access to the PUPS Archive. Dion, let me know if
there's a problem. Michael, do you have a PGP key, so I can mail you the
access details in a reasonably secure manner. I can't accept the key via
e-mail (too easy to forge), but if it is up on a web server or PGP key
server, that would be great.

Thanks,
	Warren